Over a few years, India has been tremendously working towards putting the game up in terms of weapons and defence equipments. For this, a lot of secret defense projects are being sanctioned by the government and general public does not have much of the information about it. One of the most important projects from this list is KALI.
Kilo Ampere Linear Injector (KALI) is a weapon designed with an aim to destroy uninvited missiles and aircrafts. It is a development taking place with mutual efforts from Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO) and the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).
How will it work?
If an enemy missile is launched in Indian direction, it will quickly emit powerful pulses of Relativistic Electrons Beams (REB) and destroy the target quickly. Unlike laser beams, it does not bore a hole in the target but thoroughly damages the on-board electronic systems.
This weapon will also have the strength to cripple the electronic system and computer chips of the enemy missile and aircrafts. KALI is not an ordinary weapon because it is way too dangerous and destroys the enemy in a flip of a few seconds.
So, if you want to know more about KALI, then here’s a quick fact book:
- The project was initiated by Dr. R. Chidambaram in the year 1985
- The construction and designing for KALI came into action in the year 1989
- In the beginning it was only an industrial development but looking at it’s destroying potential, it was suggested to be made for the armed forces of the country
- The KALI series which are KALI 80, KALI 200, KALI 1000, KALI 5000 and KALI 10000 are described as ‘Single Shot Pulsed Gigawatt Electron Accelerators
- The beams from the weapon can shatter any satellite and UAVs in no time
This video right here, has elaborated more about KALI